How to buy
Welcome to the Elhuyar shop. Here you will find everything produced and published by Elhuyar.
To place an order, simply follow these steps:
- Find the product
- Select the product, and place it in your shopping basket
- Order the product
- Receiving a confirmation by e-mail
1. Find the product
You will find all the Elhuyar products classified into five groups or categories: dictionaries, text books, popular books, multimedia, reference material plus the Elhuyar magazine. We have classified the products in this way to help you find the one you want more easily.
You can find the product in two ways: by selecting the corresponding category, or by writing the name of the product in the search box at the top of the web site. The result of the search may give you more than one product; by clicking on the name of the product you are interested in, the file providing details on that particular product will open up.
2. Select the product and place it in your shopping basket
From the list of products produced by the search, you have to select the one you are interested in by clicking on the "Buy" option or the basket image. The product you choose will be placed in the basket.
Once the product is in the basket, you will be able to see an image of it, the name, quantity and price. Here you will have a number of options:
- You can change the quantity of the product you want to buy by clicking on the "Update" button.
- You can remove the chosen product by clicking on the “Delete” button.
- You can empty the basket by clicking on the “Empty basket” option.
- You can put more products in the basket by selecting the “Continue shopping” option.
3. Order the product
When you have put all the products you want to buy into the basket, click on the “Place an order” option. To place an order, you have to complete the following steps:
- Identification. To place an order you have to identify yourself as a customer: to do this you have to enter your user name and password.
To have a user name and password you need to have registered as a customer in advance. If you haven’t registered, you have to do so in order to place your first order; at that point you will choose your user name and password. You will need these two details in order to be identified as a costumer whenever you place an order. But you are free whenever you want to change the details you entered when you registered.
When you are identified as a customer, you will go on to the next step; the one that deals with dispatch details. If the chosen product is an e-book, you will go to the “Payment” section directly. And if the e-book chosen is a free one, you will go straight to the “Confirm” section.
- Dispatch. You need to choose how and where you want the goods to be sent.
You need to select the address for dispatching the goods, in other words, to specify where you want your order to be sent. If you do not state otherwise, the address you gave when registering will appear. But whenever you place an order you can change the default address and choose whichever address you want for each order.
You also need to select the method of dispatch. Your order can be sent by courier, registered post or cash-on-delivery, and each method has its own delivery time and cost.
Whenever you wish, you may clear the dispatch details by clicking on the “Clear” option. After you have selected the delivery address and form of dispatch, click on “Continue” and you will go on to the payment stage.
- Payment. You need to specify the invoicing details and form of payment.
Payment can be made in two ways: by direct debit or credit/debit card. You need to select one or the other.
Whenever you wish, you may clear the payment details by clicking on the “Clear” option. When you have specified the invoicing details and form of payment, click on “Continue”, and you will go on to the confirmation step.
In order to guarantee payment security, we have taken steps to ensure that the details provided are handled in a secure way at all times. See security section.
- Confirmation. You will see a summary of your purchase specifying the following details: dispatch address, invoicing details, form of payment, description of the order (products, quantity and prices) and dispatch cost. You may change any of these details, and if you wish, cancel the order, too. Otherwise, if you agree with the summary of the purchase or if you have already made the necessary changes, you need to click on the “Confirm” option to confirm your purchase.
When you confirm your order, the final summary of it will appear on screen. It is a good idea to print it out. However, you will be able to find your order at the address: “My orders”. You will be given an order number and it is advisable to retain it in order to make any enquiries about your order.
4. Receiving a confirmation by e-mail
We will send you a summary of your order by e-mail.
If there is an e-book among the products you have purchased, you will receive a second e-mail message advising you of the address where you can download the e-book. When you receive this message, you will have a 72-hour deadline to download your digital book(s). Once this deadline has passed, you will not be able to download them.
If you experience any problems with downloading, please write to the following address:email@example.com.
Should you have any queries when placing your order, please contact our customer services: + 34 943363040 / firstname.lastname@example.org.