Elhuyar’s Advertising Mediums
The aims of the Elhuyar Foundation are twofold: to popularise science and technology, and to encourage the development of the Basque language. In short, Elhuyar has two focal points: science and Basque.
Elhuyar offers a range of advertising mediums that can all be classified according to these two focal points. So these mediums can be put into two groups: mediums for developing Basque, and mediums for communicating science.
Mediums for developing Basque:
In this group we have the Elhuyar Language Services web site.
Elhuyar Language Services web site
This web site came into being in July 2008 and offers the user numerous language resources, tools and services to develop the Basque language; these include translation services, quality language services and lexicographic services. Multilingual dictionary queries (Basque, Spanish, English and French) can also be made in a way that enables anyone to use the service. The web site is useful for anyone who uses Basque as a tool for work, for people learning Basque, for linguistics experts, for people doing research into language technologies or for those who use technical Basque.
Further information on advertising on the Elhuyar Language Services website.
Mediums for communicating science:
There are numerous mediums in this group: paper, the Internet, radio or TV.
On the Internet:
- Zientzia.net web site (www.zientzia.net): Science and Technology over the Internet set up by the Elhuyar Foundation in 2001. It offers all kinds of resources: articles, dossiers, photos, videos, audio archives, dictionaries, popular science books, etc. User profile: someone over 30 who has been through further education and who is interested in science subjects.
Further information on advertising on the Zientzia.net website.
- Basque Research web site (www.basqueresearch.com): a web site that gathers together information on Basque R+D+Innovation. It is a good resource for researchers, because it gives them the chance to publish their work, and it is a good source of information for journalists. Its content is echoed on many international web sites, like the Alphagalileo, Eurekalert and Cordis WIRE web sites. What is more, the Elhuyar Foundation is a member of the Alphagalileo web site’s executive board. User profile: University lecturer or researcher, researcher or communications officer at research centres and companies, journalists, etc.
Further information on advertising on the Basque Research website.
- Zernola web site (www.zernola.net): A web site for youngsters over the age of 10. It offers science and technology subjects in a pleasant, attractive way. The Zernola web site works in tandem with and complements the education system. It is a site that students love to access and a place where they can play, read and have their interest in science awakened. The Zernola Olympics are organised every year for students in the 1st and 2nd years of DBH (Statutory Secondary Education): User profile: youngsters between 8 and 14 and/or DBH teachers.
Further information on advertising on the Zernola website.
- Norteko Ferrokarrila web site (norteko.elhuyar.org): Norteko Ferrokarrilla is a radio programme produced by the Elhuyar Foundation and broadcast every Tuesday at 21.00 hours on the Euskadi Irratia station. On this web site users can access not only the radio programmes broadcast every week on Euskadi Irratia, but also find features produced over the last few years
Further information on advertising on the Norteko Ferrokarrilla website.
- Teknopolis web site (teknopolis.elhuyar.org): Teknopolis is a TV series on science and technology produced by the Elhuyar Foundation for the EITB (Broadcasting Corporation of the Basque Autonomous Community). It is the programme’s web site and the user can watch the programmes that have already been on air either in full or in the form of individual features. The web site has the same content as the Teknopolis TV programme.
Further information on advertising on the Teknopolis website.
On the radio:
Why use the Elhuyar mediums?
- Because we can reach many kinds of public: taking Elhuyar’s two focal points –Science and Basque– as the basis, our mediums can reach many kinds of users: youngsters, secondary school students and teachers, university students and lecturers, people interested in science subjects, experts in science subjects, researchers, anyone interested in subjects that have to do with Basque, linguistics experts, experts in language technologies, etc.
- Because you can advertise on paper, over the Internet, on the radio and on TV.
- Because we have experience and a good reputation: Elhuyar is no newcomer in the field of science popularisation or in the development of Basque. The work to popularise science began 34 years ago and the work done since is the guarantee of our reliability.
* We offer customised rates.
Tel. (+0034) 943363040